Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dragon-I Food Review @ Penang Queensbay Mall

It's been 11 days not updating my blog.

My blog has been collecting 11 days of dust and the owner is out for these 11 days working as a MPPJ clearing out her sampahs. rolleyes

Ok lah, I'm just giving out excuses of not blogging. LOL.

Recently I've been clearing my folders and I found a few pictures of Dragon-i dishes. I admit I was crazy for their Siew Loong Pao many months back but I am not for now. But anyway, let's bring back some memories. smile

I tried google them up and their website is just so cool, with an interactive-and-delicious looking menu.



Our seating...

One thing I did not like is that their table for two is just too small. A person who just love to call all kinds of food and cant finish them up like *me* (LOL) will be so frustrated with their XS size table. -_-

There are several signature dishes from Dragon-I, one of them are called Shanghainese Steam Meat Dumpling or we called them Siew Loong Pao.




Apologized for my lousy photography skill. It looks weird up there. LOL.

There's a trick to eat them, you'll need to put the whole dumpling into your mouth (but beware of the hot soup that is filled within the dumpling). It is best taken with a bit of ginger mixed with a tad vinegar in it.

The next dish is the meaty dish - "Shanghainese Braised Pork Belly with Beancurd Leaves".

This one looks a tad "crazy" to me. I've ordered three times previously and the first time I took it was nice, because the "belly fat" that they provided was not thick. But the second and third time was super thick and the meat vs oil potion was like 1:3 (like in the picture). It was crazy I tell you. I think that was the last time I've ever wanted them.

This dish also comes with a bucket of small star-looking"pao".

The menu that they provided was really tempting but I dont think I'd ever wanted to try that again. -_-



The next famous dish was the La-mien with Pork chop(handmade rice noodles).



The noodles were not bad, and mind you, the bowl of la-mien was quite a big serving (or maybe I'm a small eater).
However, I don't quite like their soup base though.

We also did ordered Fried Rice. Nothing special if you look at the picture. However, their fried rice is not too oily and it taste just nice.



Overall, they are not bad, but I don't think I can take them frequently as their dishes is more or less the same.

If you want to know more about them, do drop by their website with their mouth-watering menu. mrgreen

PS: if I'm not mistaken, without a booking, you wont be able to get hold of a table during the weekends & hols. twisted

My Tummy Says:

0 pirrouttes:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin