Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Alma Thirty Nine Kopitiam aka de Sou Mien Shop

I'm always slow in posting. Apologized for that. mrgreen

Anyways, I was out for lunch one sunny day at the usual Sou Mien (Handmade noodle) shop in Alma. And I just gotta know they just moved to the opposite shop houses, which looks more grand than the usual house-biz.

Alma Thirty Nine Kopitiam. I didn't know they used this name to promote their food. lol
Photobucket
So I went in, and saw this...
Photobucket

Hm, I thought they should use the Sou Mien (The name that appears on the board) name instead of 39. razz

Anyways, they got some interesting menu. Not only they have their usual signature dishes of Sou Mien, they also have Chicken Rice, Char Siew Rice, Pork Ribs / Pork Leg / Duck Leg noodles (Direct translation, LOL). And they even have Bread Toast akaRoti Bakar!
Something like what a normal kopitiam would offered. So many choices to choose!

And finally, for a change, I opted for this:
Pork Ribs Noodles
Rice noodles with Pork Ribs Soup base
* Not bad, but I feel that the soup base is not that tasty enough, and the soup contains small little crushed bones with it.

Next up, the Boy ordered:
Photobucket
Chicken + Pork Rice

Up Close of it:
Photobucket
Tasted not too bad, and a plate of it cost RM4.50. Quite reasonable consider a cooling place like this. But the rice is not fragrant enough though.

We also ordered their Roti Bakar, not like Kopitiam or Old Town standard. Just normal.
Roti Bakar

And our drinks, Herbal+sugarcane Tea.
Photobucket

I'm sorry but I don't remember all the prices, but they are quite reasonable IMO. The shop opened from morning up to 4pm.

If you are wondering where the shop is, it is located behind SMK. Jalan Damai School. wink

Nuff said, Ciaoz for now. Til I write again soon, I hoped! mrgreen

My Tummy Says (For the above dishes):

0 pirrouttes:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin